Monday, February 6, 2017

Progress on the "Cuban" Poems

I posted a teaser poem on this blog to point toward the verse project about the Cuban missile crisis, as well President John Kennedy's address to the nation about Cuba divided into accentual-syllabic lines. Work, mostly research, continues on this project that I intend to publish elsewhere unless no editors care to reproduce the poems.

As far as writing goes, there is a short prologue so far. The overall form of the poems will probably be mixed with lyric, dramatic and persona poetry both formal and free. My first persona poem in a long time (non-"Cuban"), about Freddie Mercury, appears in this blog, and its flaws show me mistakes to avoid in the future. As daunting as the project is I remain excited and hope to make substantial writing progress soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment