Saturday, January 16, 2016

Random Comment in Validation of James Franco

I've suffered a while for my snarky comment about James Franco. Having enjoyed his movie farce The Interview for the second time last night and recalling his good efforts elsewhere–and considering my own flubs at poetry, many of which may be viewed on this weblog–I would like to take it all back. Of course, no one can really take back snark, and the original comment is too precious to take down. Yes, Stephen King said in his book On Writing to "kill your darlings", those egocentric lovelies writers churn out so easily. But this blog isn't really about being terribly good, or even about killing anyone or anything. I hope.

Anyway, if it weren't for bad writing, there'd be no writing at all. Write on, fellow bad poets. Write badly, write well, write with courage. The American Poetry Review never published me. That's the egocentric point of my darling attack on Mr. Franco. Apologies. Mea culpa. Mea culpa. Mea felix culpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment